Reasons to choose Monmouth Schools
With a 400-year track record of delivering educational excellence, the Haberdashers’ Monmouth Schools are geared to realise the full potential of girls and boys aged 3 to 18. The Schools passionately believe that:
- Each child’s talents and strengths should be nurtured and allowed to flourish alongside achieving the best academic results possible.
- All of our pupils should go on to lead happy, fulfilled lives, recognising the importance of gaining access to their first choice universities or career paths.
- Developing confidence and a love of learning is the key to academic success, where specialist subject teachers and small class sizes ensure each child learns at their own pace and shines at what they love most.
- We should strive to deliver the best. This was recognised by the recent ESTYN inspections, which praised the Schools for their sector-leading practice, highlighting our strong values and declaring the Schools as excellent in each category.
- Girls and boys learn differently, and yet their development is enhanced by interaction. We have created an environment where teaching styles, pastoral care, a coordinated sixth form timetable and co-curricular activities are tailored to suit each child.
- Accessibility should be as broad as possible and so we offer competitive fees and a generous array of scholarships and bursaries.
- Sport enhances life outside academia, and we pride ourselves on the number of children representing the Schools and the 60 pupils with national sporting honours.
- Creativity and access to outstanding educational opportunities engage, enrich and inspire young people to express themselves through music, drama and art.
Entrance to the Schools is selective from seven, but great care is taken to assess children on a wide range of abilities and to look for potential. The Admissions Registrars are happy to guide each family through the entrance procedure. For more information on upcoming Open Days or for any other details about entry, please call 01600 710 433 for Monmouth School, 01600 711104 for HMSG or 01600 713970 for Agincourt School and Nursery.