|Entrance assessment dates – For 2018 Entry|
|7+ Grange Entry Assessment, Boys 7-11||Saturday 3 March 2018|
|7+ Inglefield House Entry Assessment, Girls 7-11||Saturday 3 March 2018|
|View our entrance assessment dates in full|
Selection for entry at 7 is by:
(a) an informal interview
(b) assessment in English and mathematics
(c) assessment of potential.
A good standard of reading and familiarity with the basic rules of number are expected. The papers will be largely based upon level 2 of the National Curriculum. Reports on candidates will also be sought from their present school. The Head of the Grange and Inglefield House will be pleased to discuss the entry procedure with parents in more detail. Assessments are conducted at The Grange and Inglefield House in an informal way and the candidates are given plenty of guidance and encouragement throughout the assessment.
Register your interest
Inglefield House, girls aged 7-11, with boarding from 7
- Inglefield House is the close-knit, lively preparatory school of Haberdashers’ Monmouth School for Girls.
- Facilities include a 25-metre swimming pool, all-weather pitch, indoor sports hall, 25 acres of sports grounds, theatre, dance studio and meadow.
- There is a broad range of clubs and activities, from chamber music to cross country.
- A popular after-school club extends the school day from 8am to 6pm to give a helping hand with homework if needed.
- With additional subject specialists to extend the curriculum, girls flourish in this forward-thinking, aspirational environment.
The Grange, boys aged 7-11, with boarding from 9
- Independent research has placed The Grange, Monmouth Preparatory School, as one of the top three prep schools in the UK.
- Boys thrive in a happy, vibrant atmosphere with a new, state-of-the-art building.
- Outstanding sports facilities, including indoor sports hall, astro-turf, 25m pool and over 25 acres of sports fields.
- A full programme of after school clubs and activities, with the School being open from 8am to 6pm.
- Subject specialist teachers transmit their passion for their subject to their pupils who excel in this dynamic school community.
Reasons to choose the Haberdashers’ preparatory schools
- A team of experienced and dedicated teaching staff understands the different learning styles of girls and boys.
- Both “Excellent” in every category in recent Estyn inspections.
- A rich variety of subjects encourages children to achieve their personal best.
- A number of joint activities is run across the two schools.
- Each year a high number of scholarships is awarded for entry to the senior schools at 11.